I successfully built my own kernel(boot.img) for samsung s7 edge(SM-G9350 Android7.0), There are many puzzles when build and flash samsung rom(kernel):
- source download from http://opensource.samsung.com/ may be not complete!
- how to find out whether the source is complete? check this dir: /system/lib/modules/, if the kernel you built contains all *ko in /system/lib/modules/(use a normal rom to check first),the source is complete,otherwise,it’s not.
- if the Image you built didn’t contain all the *ko,the kernel can not boot.
- use AIK(Android Image Kitchen) to make boot.img.
- the kernel source version had better fit with ROM version.
- you can download official rom from this site: http://www.cnroms.com/, much faster.
- had better use same version’s official rom’s dt.img(boot.img-dtb) or you can build from kernel source.